When you open a box with a plant from Clifton's Nursery, you will see that we go to great lengths to pamper our plants. We know you will be pleased. Please consider our plant material not only for yourself, but for gift giving too!
Shop by category
Shipping all of our plants potted in soil to ensure the best possible start when planted in yard or garden. This enables us to ship year round. Plants make great gifts!
Your plants will arrive at your doorstep carefully cradled in a package engineered specifically for our nursery. As an added benefit, the plants will arrive in their original container with their original soil mix---to minimize plant shock, we do not bareroot the plants prior to shipment.
Do you know citrus make excellent indoor plants? And that many have very fragrant blossoms? Try one today. Many unusual new varieties in stock, including Italian Lemon tree.
Shipping year round! Purchase a tree in soil and you will be off to a much better head start.
|These trees like hot summers and a 'definite' winter. Home grown nuts a nice treat!|
|Fruiting Pistachio Trees Set of Two|
• You will receive two trees shipped potted in their original soil and container to minimize shock.|
• Two trees needed for pollination. One male tree can pollinate up to eleven females.
• Long hot summers required to ripen. Very slow-growing to 20-30ft. or clip to shape. Drought-resistant.
• Pistachios grow in grape like clusters. Pistachios are good eaten fresh, used in baking, and even in some main dishes.
• Their slow growth make them an excellent choice for containers.
|Add Fragrance to Your Yard...|
|Fresh Citrus an Arm's Reach Away...Grow Indoors!|
|Bearss Lime Tree, Dwarf Rootstock--Five Gallon Container|
• The Bearss Lime is a heavy bearer of juicy, lemon sized fruit in winter to early spring.|
• The dwarf Bearss grows into a densely branched, full rounded crown to about 8 feet, or easily clip to shape. Great for containers on sunny deck or patio.
• This lime variety needs little heat to ripen, making it an excellent choice for backyard plantings or in containers. For those in colder areas, move tree indoors for the winter.
• The limes turn to a pale yellow at full maturity, and have thin, smooth rind. The Bearss limes are seedless, and have a true acidic lime flavor. Juicy!
• Can not ship citrus trees to TX, FL, or AZ. We ship all of our citrus trees potted in soil to ensure a healthier start when planted in yard or garden.
Plants make great gifts!
Please browse our site and remember someone special with a fruit bearing tree, flowering plant, or beautiful vine, all shipped in their original soil and container.
|Soft and Edible Seeds, Sweet Berry Like Juice|
|Angel Red Pomegranate Tree, Five Gallon Container by Monrovia Growers|
• Try this unique and gourmet pomegranate tree, the Angel Red. It is a heavy bearing variety that is also soft seeded; you can eat the seeds.|
• Juice content is higher than many other varieties including Granada and Wonderful. The Angel Red bears in early September before many other pomegranates, treating you to fruit that is uniform in size and color.
• Color is bright red, making for great looking juice and some good color possibilities in your fruit bowl or decorating. Pomegranate trees are hardy to USDA zone 7 and all higher zones, and can also take lots of full sun and heat.
• Use pomegranates in areas where you need something tough and not too picky about soil type or care.
• Shipped potted in soil developed by Monrovia growers, five gallon container. Well branched tree, new planting.
Plants make great gifts....the gift that keeps on giving. Grow indoors in extreme winter or summer climates.
Clifton's Flower and Garden Center has been owned by the Dhanens family for over 20 years, My name is John. and I manage the nursery. My expertise includes a Bachelors of Science degree in Biology, with a specialty in plant disease, as well as many years of practical experience in the horticultural field. The nursery is located in California's Central San Joaquin Valley, where the long growing season enables us to easily grow and maintain high quality nursery stock. At our nursery, we specialize in pampering our customers with the type of service you'd expect from a family owned business -- a staff with a genuine interest in sharing our gardening expertise with others, a commitment to carry only plants of highest quality, and a guarantee that shows we stand behind what we do. We have developed long term relationships with many customers over the years, and would like to extend those relationships to gardeners outside our local area, so that is why we have developed cliftonsnursery.net.
|Consider as Living Christmas Tree....|
|Colorado Blue Spruce "Fat Albert" Potted Five Gallon Tree|
• Shipped potted in soil to ensure a healthier start when planted in yard or garden.|
• The Fat Albert Colorado Blue Spruce will be one of those trees you just love to have around. Enjoy the rich blue coloring on this spruce variety, as well as the dense branching and pyramidal form.
• Any of the Colorado Blue Spruces would be a wonderful choice for a living Christmas tree either indoors or out.
• The Fat Albert Blue Spruce is an ideal choice for the small garden, reaching just fifteen feet tall, and an excellent choice for front lawns in the most limited landscapes. Another place for your spruce tree would be as a background foliage plant behind beds and borders giving great contrast to other garden hues.
• Nice healthy specimen, but a bit sparse near the bottom, now landscape grade. Hardy to USDA zone 2 and all higher zones.
|Just Arrived... Santa Teresa Italian Lemon Trees|
|Standard Italian Lemon Tree, Five Gallon Container|
• Try our Italian lemon on standard root stock for a more robust, taller growing tree. This lemon is actually from a group of Italian varieties more commonly known as Sorrento lemons, and are highly prized for their use in Italian cuisine.|
• They serve as the basis for the refreshing Old World liqueur called Limoncello. The Italian lemon bears fruit year round in mild climates, and from fall to early summer in warmer areas.
• The fruit is medium sized with smooth yellow rind and are nearly seedless. The greenish yellow flesh is tender, juicy and acidic. The Italian lemon may grow to about 18-20 feet tall or clip to desired size and shape.
• An Italian lemon would make a lovely container specimen for those in extreme winter areas with a ready source of fresh fruit at your finger tips.
• Shipped potted in soil to ensure the best possible start when planted in yard, garden or container. Can not ship citrus trees to TX, AZ, or FL.
|David Austin English Rose--Darcy Bussell. Color and Beauty Like No Other!|
|Darcy Bussell English Rose Bush Five Gallon Plant|
• Shipped potted in soil for the best possible results when planted in yard or garden.|
• Darcy Bussell is stated by David Austin to be "...one of the best and most healthy red roses developed to date." Enjoy beautiful flowers that are produced freely and with excellent continuity.
• When young, their outer petals form a perfect ring around an inner cup; gradually opening out to form a perfect rosette. The color of these roses is a deep rich crimson that takes on a tinge of mauve just before the petals drop.
• The flowers on Darcy Bussell have a pleasing, fruity fragrance. With its short, bushy growth, consider this English Rose variety for the front of the border or for planting in formal rose beds. It will make an excellent plant for a large pot.
• It is the first fully double crimson to be released since the best selling William Shakespeare 2000 and is perfect for gardeners who would prefer a more compact shrub. Darcy Bussell has growth to about 3 by 2 feet.
We're a small company, and very accessible by phone. Please call us at 888-209-4356 for ideas on anything with plants or gardening. We are the 'go to' company for setting gardeners up with growing citrus in containers indoors, especially for those in extreme winter areas.
|Citrus Trees--try one in a container. Shipping now!|
|An excellent way to frame an entry way. Try in container accented by seasonal annauls...|
|Brilliant Azalea Topiary Patio Tree -- 12 by 12 Inch Container|
• Shipped potted in soil to ensure the best possible arrival at your door. Approximate ship height 4 feet tall.|
• Use the Brilliant Azalea topiary as a stunning focal point in any shade garden application. Effective in large planters surrounded by seasonal color, and equally classy framing a gate or any garden entryway.
• Use the Brilliant Azalea patio tree on the shady side of your house to soften blank walls, especially effective when planted with low growing ferns or shade loving ground cover.
• This azalea variety is a midseason bloomer, making heads look twice when it loads up with brightly colored watermelon red blossoms. It is a traditional Japanese garden plant hardy to USDA zone 8 and all higher zones.
• Be creative in ways you use the Brilliant azalea, and it will not let you down. It does prefer soil loose and rich that drains well, and some shade in the hot part of the afternoon.
Consider fruit trees for your yard.....form, function, beauty and of course tasty fruit to harvest. Choose an early and a later ripening variety for extended harvest. Pomegranates always a holiday favorite.