When you open a box with a plant from Clifton's Nursery, you will see that we go to great lengths to pamper our plants. We know you will be pleased. Please consider our plant material not only for yourself, but for gift giving too!
Shop by category
Shipping all of our plants potted in soil to ensure the best possible start when planted in yard or garden. This enables us to ship year round. Plants make great gifts!
Your plants will arrive at your doorstep carefully cradled in a package engineered specifically for our nursery. As an added benefit, the plants will arrive in their original container with their original soil mix---to minimize plant shock, we do not bareroot the plants prior to shipment.
Do you know citrus make excellent indoor plants? And that many have very fragrant blossoms? Try one today. Many unusual new varieties in stock, including Italian Lemon tree.
Shipping year round! Purchase a tree in soil and you will be off to a much better head start.
|Kiwi Vines Set of Two. One Male and One Female|
• Two plants shipped potted in soil to ensure a healthier start when planted in yard or garden.|
• Kiwi vines are vigorous growing deciduous vines producing tasty, egg sized fruit. Kiwi plants need little winter chilling, so a good choice for mild winter areas.
• Plant kiwis in full sun and water well. As fast and as large as they grow (to 25 feet), a good choice if quick cover is needed for a fence, trellis or arbor. Kiwi vines are hardy to USDA zone 7 to 8 and all higher zones.
• Plant one male vine for every 5-6 female, fruit producing ones.
• Top a bagel with sliced kiwifruit or add it to your favorite sandwich. Slice or dice kiwi to add a tangy zest and bright color complement to cereal, pancakes, waffles or French toast. Substitute kiwifruit anywhere you would normally use chilled tomatoes.
|Lots and lots of color....|
|Fresh Avocados Close By|
|Little Cado Dwarf Avocado Tree--Will Arrive Between 3 and 4 Feet Tall|
• The Little Cado dwarf avocado tree is a great variety to plant if fresh avocados are to your liking and space is a problem. A self fertile variety.|
• This dwarf avocado variety is great for large containers, as it only grows to about 8 to 10 feet tall. Use on patios or decks or plant in the ground.
• Best in loose, rich, well draining soil. The Little Cado's shorter size makes it easier to protect if frost may be a problem.
• The fruit is medium sized, green, and good tasting. Fruits in the summer (May to Sept) when you can enjoy the avocados for picnics and the Fourth of July.
• If used in a container, plant in good quality potting soil only and don't forget the drainage holes. The Little Cado bears young. All plants from Clifton's Nursery shipped potted in soil to ensure the best possible start when planted in yard or garden.
Plants make great gifts!
Please browse our site and remember someone special with a fruit bearing tree, flowering plant, or beautiful vine, all shipped in their original soil and container.
|Hardy in the Winter and Summer|
|Variegated English Holly -- 12 by 12 Inch Container|
• Consider the Variegated English Holly as a way to brighten up a dark or all green landscape, its brightly colored foliage offering you that 'pop' of color you may have been looking for.|
• Especially for those in a cold winter environment....color for your yard now more than just in the spring time. This holly variety is tough, not picky as to light, doing well in some shade as well as full sun.
• Create a woodland garden look by planting the English holly outside your window where you may see a bird or two, enjoying a couple of berries along the way if a pollenizer is in the vicinity.
• This holly is deer resistant growing to about 15 feet tall and about 8 feet wide or clip to shape. Hardy to USDA zone 6 and all higher zones.
• Shipped potted in soil for best possible results when planted in yard or garden.
Plants make great gifts....the gift that keeps on giving. Grow indoors in extreme winter or summer climates.
Clifton's Flower and Garden Center has been owned by the Dhanens family for over 20 years, My name is John. and I manage the nursery. My expertise includes a Bachelors of Science degree in Biology, with a specialty in plant disease, as well as many years of practical experience in the horticultural field. The nursery is located in California's Central San Joaquin Valley, where the long growing season enables us to easily grow and maintain high quality nursery stock. At our nursery, we specialize in pampering our customers with the type of service you'd expect from a family owned business -- a staff with a genuine interest in sharing our gardening expertise with others, a commitment to carry only plants of highest quality, and a guarantee that shows we stand behind what we do. We have developed long term relationships with many customers over the years, and would like to extend those relationships to gardeners outside our local area, so that is why we have developed cliftonsnursery.net.
|Tropical Fruit Trees|
|Tropic Pink Guava Tree--3 to 4 Feet Tall, Shipped in Soil Year Round|
• Shipped as a potted five gallon tree, not bare root.|
• Large bright yellow, pear shape. Up to 3/4 pound. Soft, creamy flesh.
• Moderate growing tree to about 15 feet or so, but can be kept pruned shorter.
• Likes full sun and rich soil. Keep soil moist but not soggy.
• Hardy to mid 20's. Great in containers on sunny porch or patio.
|White Fleshed Peaches|
|White Lady Peach--Tree Ships 3 to 4 Feet Tall, 12 Inch Container|
• White Lady Peach is among the best of the new, low acid/high sugar white peaches. A farmer's market favorite.|
• Enjoy red skinned fruit that is medium to large and very firm. Freestone. The White Lady needs 800 hours chilling, so a good choice in moderate winter areas.
• Be sure to clip back in the winter to encourage lots of new growth, for the current season's growth is where your little pieces of sunshine will be found.
• A definite bonus of peach trees is the stunningly beautiful pink flowers that precede the fruit each season. Begin picking your white lady peaches late July into early August.
• Shipped potted in soil to ensure the best possible start when planted in yard or garden.
|Sweet Berry Like Juice and Edible Seeds.|
|Angel Red Pomegranate Tree, Five Gallon Container|
• Try this unique and gourmet pomegranate tree, the Angel Red. It is a heavy bearing variety that is also soft seeded; you can eat the seeds.|
• Juice content is higher than many other varieties including Granada and Wonderful. The Angel Red bears in early September before many other pomegranates, treating you to fruit that is uniform in size and color.
• Color is bright red, making for great looking juice and some good color possibilities in your fruit bowl or decorating. Pomegranate trees are hardy to USDA zone 7 and all higher zones, and can also take lots of full sun and heat.
• Use pomegranates in areas where you need something tough and not too picky about soil type or care.
• Shipped potted in soil, five gallon container. Well branched tree, new planting.
We're a small company, and very accessible by phone. Please call us at 888-209-4356 for ideas on anything with plants or gardening. We are the 'go to' company for setting gardeners up with growing citrus in containers indoors, especially for those in extreme winter areas.
|Citrus Trees--try one in a container. Shipping now!|
|Check Out This Color....|
|Bougainvillea Barbara Karst -- 12 by 12 Inch Container Topiary Patio Tree by Monrovia Growers|
• A Barbara Karst bougainvillea is a must have for long lasting, summer time color. Color will be non stop from spring through first frost, making this bougainvillea variety a good choice.|
• Consider for a splash of color on a sunny fence, up a trellis, in a planter box, or even as a ground cover if allowed to grow with no support.
• Thrives on full hot sun. Clip to maintain shape.
• For those in extreme winter areas, its long lasting color makes it a worthwhile choice for a summer time annual in a container on porch or deck. Hardy to USDA zone 10 and all higher zones.
• Shipped as a potted five gallon specimen to ensure a healthier start when planted in yard or garden.
Consider fruit trees for your yard.....form, function, beauty and of course tasty fruit to harvest. Choose an early and a later ripening variety for extended harvest. Pomegranates always a holiday favorite.